Puff pastry Ice Cream Sandwiches using Unroll Puff Sheet
Recipe development and photographs by Shambhavi ( https://thatbakeblog.com/about/ )
Delicious and perfect to beat the summer heat.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
Unroll Short crust Pastry Sheet: You will need one sheet of homemade or store-bought short crust pastry to make these mini pies.
Vanilla Ice-cream : You can use your favorite flavor of ice cream to go in between your ice-cream sandwich, it totally depends on your personal preference.
Dark chocolate : This is easily available and can be replaced with milk or white chocolate. The chocolate will add an extra layer of crunch and sweetness to the dessert.
1 Unroll Puff pastry sheet
400 ml vanilla ice cream
50g dark chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 350F (177C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut circles in the puff pastry sheet using a cookie cutter and place them onto the lined baking tray.
3. Cover your puff pastry circles with another parchment paper and place another baking tray on top of them before baking.
4. Bake for 15 minutes at 350F (177C) until golden brown.
5. Cut circles of vanilla ice cream using the same cookie cutter and place on top of baked puff pastry. Cover with another puff pastry.
6. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes until set.
7. In the meantime, chop your chocolate finely or use a mandolin to get chocolate shavings!
8. Roll ice cream sandwiches in them and place in the freezer for another 15 minutes. Enjoy!